Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Vegetable Garden

Tomorrow is the day I am vegetable gardening. I plan to clean it up and plant potatoes, onions and asparagus. Onions always look a little sad in their bundle don't they? They'll live though.
I planted asparagus 15 years ago in a properly prepared bed and not one single plant came up. This year I am going to devote one of my vegetable boxes to the project. I will raise it up higher with another board and have a go at it. Fill it with some great soil and hope I am more successful than last time. I have better drainage in my new spot.  Wish me luck!
If it doesn't work, in another 15 years I'll be seventy and I don't know how I'll feel about trying again.

1 comment:

  1. My brother, who lives in west Texas, is the King of Asparagus. He has the most beautiful beds that deliver the most wonderful, tasty shoots of asparagus every year! Makes me crave them to just think about it. The soil is sandy and drains very well. Good luck! I'll bet you are successful this time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might like: