Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

As the Garden Grows

It's warming up as spring ends and summer in Texas gets under way. I love it, even though I whine during the humid afternoons as sweat drips from my face. The flowers are just lovely. This week the daylilies are beginning to pop open, the echinacea are in bloom, oleander continues to look colorful and things are still very green.
Watering is getting critical since it hasn't rained at my house in weeks now. All the new things I've added to the beds are in need of a drink at least every other day. I don't mind watering though because it gives me a chance to see everything and how it's all coming along. Perennials are fun to have in the garden because they grow and change continuously.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might like: