Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Lovely Day in the Garden

What a spectacular day off it was and a joy to work in the garden. The few plants that had not returned from winter last week are popping out now. I can't even think of anything I lost. I'm sure I'll notice something eventually.  As usual the purple dianthus has no name but isn't the color gorgeous. The annual bedding plant dianthus came through the winter with flying colors. Better than some shrubs did.

I know that azaleas are pretty ordinary plants in our part of the world but I love them all the same. G.G.Gerbing just makes my yard bright and cheerful to me. I never trim them so now they are about 7 feet tall and kind of loose and natural. Actually they are eating my boxwood shrubs but I don't care.
I dug up a coral one and moved it over with the rest of the fashion azaleas and a rose colored one off by itself. I end up with odd ones sometimes because I fall in love with a color I see. I plunk them in and then the color is not quite right. When they are blooming, it's the perfect time to rearrange your color scheme if needed. I sure hope we get rain soon. It's too early to start chasing around with a water hose.

1 comment:

  1. We are blessed to live in an area that these beautiful azaleas thrive!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might like: