Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

       
        This is the time I like to consider what flowers to plant for the coming summer. By thinking ahead, I can gather the annual seeds I need. The seed for the heat lovers won't be planted until the ground warms up enough in April, but I'll be ready. Sunflowers, moon vines, zinnias, cosmos and celosia are some of my favorites. It's rewarding to see them sprout and eventually when it is really hot, they start blooming.
         To me this part of gardening, the day dreaming part is so much fun. It's the part when I visualize what the garden will look like. Needless to say, Mother Nature actually never cooperates completely so the outcome is always different from the picture in my head. Sometimes it turns out even better though and I am happily surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might like: