Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Kindness of Spring

I must apologize for my lact of posts lately but spring had worn us all down a bit. The first few weeks of the spring rush are a total adrenaline rush. The next few weeks are full out and then it's still busy but you're getting  tired. The whole thing lasts about 10 weeks, which doesn't sound like a long time. But it takes a lot of energy and we are all feeling it. Mother's Day weekend is the end of working 6 days a week and we rejoice at the thought of more time off. It's time to get things done that we've been putting off and spend a little time with our loved ones. I'm so proud of our crew. The nursery looks fabulous and everybody did a super job.
My way of unwinding as an adult has always been to garden. I feel so lucky to have had beautiful weather all spring in which to garden on my day off each week. I don't believe I have ever been this caught up when the spring rush is ending. Usually I am just beginning to plant and pull the majority of weeds but instead I am almost done. Of course, I am considering a small new sunny bed for butterfly plants and more herbs. I'd like to have pineapple sage, Mexican mint marigold, more butterfly bush because I love every color and more salvias.
The veggie garden is looking good. The green beans are just beginning to produce. The potatoes seem to be waining a bit so I wonder how much longer until they are ready. It's tomatoes I want but even though the plants look good there are no tomatoes yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might like: