Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Heat is On

It was such a great morning today but it certainly got warm again this afternoon. I think the rain and slight reprieve from the extreme temperatures made the plants feel better. I know it made me feel good.
I picked more figs tonight and have them cooking away right now.
My beagle Henry loves fresh figs. Last year I was busy and let some fall to the ground. I kept wondering where they went and finally saw him munching them up. He enjoys following me out there to the tree to see if I'll share.










I have never planted Oleander in my yard because I've always heard they were quite poisoness to dogs. Jim and I saw a bunch in full bloom and decided we needed them. I have 5  to plant outside the fence where the dogs can't get to them. Where is the question? Now it is so  hot and dry to drag a hose out there. Why do I do this to myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might like: