Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

The Rewards of Summer

Okra is a wonderful plant. It is such a heat lover that it actually looks marvelous right now. Believe me, with 31 consecutive days of 100 or more degrees now and a total of 41 days this summer, anything that looks good is appreciated. My husband loves fried okra so once a week we have enough for him to have a serving. It's the perfect amount. Okra is related to hibiscus and really quite attractive. It might even look good in a perennial border or flower bed.
I have also been enjoying this particular cubanelle pepper, Sweet Biscayne. It's the most prolific pepper I've ever grown and tastes like a bell pepper to me. It is still producing well. It matures to orange than red so it's pretty too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might like: