Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Vegetables

I am actually very excited about the vegetable garden right now. It's getting watered every four days and doing amazingly well. I think the raised bed mix I added to the boxes holds moisture pretty well. I'm getting a kick out of the melons that are growing. This one is in the compost bin so I don't think I had anything to do with it. I wasn't sure until this week what it was because I am not good at recognizing the difference between cucumbers, melons and squash.                   
This cantelope I did plant but I thought it was an Isreli melon when I brought it home. Too bad because I really love them.
I have no idea what this little melon is. The inside is green like a honeydew and sweet. What ever they are it's thrilling to see them grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might like: