Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

    The bald cypress trees have been turning bronze for weeks now with the drought. At first I was concerned but they seem to be doing O.K. I love the look of the blue green seed pods hanging on the trees.
     So many trees are in distress in Texas right now and unfortunately many are already dead. It's the saddest thing I have ever seen. We are at something like 62 days over 100 degrees since June 1st. That is the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. Tomorrow is supposed to be 107.
       
 Fall is nearly here and at this point I can't even imagine that we will ever get a drop of water in the form of rain. I know that sounds like I am depressed, well maybe I am just a little. It's hard to watch the plants suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might like: