Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Fine End to a Vacation

The last precious moments of my vacation were all spent in the air conditioning. I know that may sound sad to some but I spend most of my life in the heat and sweat constantly so I thoroughly enjoyed myself. In fact tomorrow will be my first day back at work and one weather report said to expect 104 degrees.
I made stuffed cabbages, (enough for more than one meal). My mom made them when I was little and I forgot how tasty they were. I added some fresh thyme and that was a nice addition. I also made a version of Ina Garten's Sauce with raisins and really liked that.

Today I spent the day rug hooking with a friend. We got out tons of yarn, roving and wool cloth and played with all the colors. Sharon learned to hook with the new fibers and it added interest to the center of her flower.

I finally started my newest cabbage rose rug.  
I managed to get quite a bit done today.
So off to work tomorrow with a smile on my face and some fresh lemons to make lemonade. That should be nice and thirst quenching.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might like: