Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Back to My Life

After a long absence from my blog, I have returned. Each spring I look forward to the spring rush in the nursery business but it never ceases to amaze me at how all consuming it is. It lasts just 2 months but during that time everyone wants to garden in a frenzy. I would like to go crazy also but never have the energy anymore to pull it off at night after work.
I love the way my gardens grow even without asistance. I took a tour this evening, which is obvious from my pictures (my flash always goes off that time of day). The Louisiana Iris are so very happy. I was shocked to see how much they have spread since the fall.  The red and purple are mixing together now.                                         


 This bicolor variety is large and pretty. Even with all the weeds and untrimmed shrubs there was still lovlies to enjoy.
 
 
 
My favorite plant this spring is the Minnie Pearl Phlox. I love white flowers. A part of me would like to have just white and green in the gardens. I just can't go all white because in truth I love every color of flower (except maybe yellow).
                   My gardens are certainly a mixture. I keep red out in front of my fence in the driveway for the most part and every other color inside the fence.
It was just a pleasure to see that with many hours of work still do do (weeding, trimming, planting and mulching) that it didn't look half bad just as it was.
                                                                               

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, they are so beautiful, Sharon. Glad you are finding time for a short breather to enjoy your garden. I've missed seeing you on Monday nights (which reminds me, I've got to get out the door! LOL). blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might like: