Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Renewed Strength

Summer was so long and hard that I had trouble posting on this blog because I was in a depressed state. It took so much energy to water and water and water and trudge through the day. There was little energy left for anything else, I'm afraid. I know that the drought is still with us in a big way, but the cooler temperatures help so much. Even though it warms to hot in the afternoons most of the time, the cool nights and mornings have really helped the plants. They are putting on new growth because they have energy now too.
I haven't gardened much lately although there are plants with interesting seed heads and flowers to make arrangements with now. I love fall arrangements because I feel winter around the corner and  know everything will be dormant soon. It makes me want to take advantage of all the gardens are offering now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might like: