Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy New Year

I love the holidays. Everything about it seems fun to me. Baking cookies, making candy, decorating everywhere, shopping for gifts. I love the twinkling lights on my tree and the holidays always make me think of the people I've shared them with over the years. My grandmother loved Christmas and looked like Santa Claus bringing in packages on Christmas morning. She made it really fun.
But once Chritmas Day passes I feel the need to look to spring. For me it's time to plan a new garden, clean out the closets, pare down and simplify. The happy girl in the picture just reminded me of that.
So time to make New Year's resolutions and get organized. What fun!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I always start thinking about a new word for the new year and then I start thinking about my garden. Love your new look on the blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might like: