Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Old Barn


When my husband was a boy, he visited his grandparents on Sunday afternoons out at "the farm". He grew up in Greenville, Tx where cotton was grown in the surrounding countryside. We passed by the house on a trip a couple of summers ago and the house had fallen in but the barn was still standing. Of course, when he was little that was the place to play so he has lots of good memories.

Over the holidays, Jim decided to paint the barn and I made a hooked rug out of it. It was really fun to see each others interpretations and what liberties we took in our media.

I'm almost through with the rug. I'm working on the border and running out of black wool. It''s been fun. I consider the rug a gift to Jim and the painting a gift to me even though they will both hang in the house. It's kind of romantic that way.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful project. How neat that you both did your interpretation of the barn! I love your rug, you did an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might like: